Double Diamond is a game made by IGT. It is one of the most successful games in slot machine history. IGT first started using the trademarked Double Diamond image in commerce in March of 1990. Since then there are few casinos in the world that haven’t at some time had a version of Double Diamonds on their gaming floor.
The original game was designed as a mechanical reel game with a single line. Most often it was configured as a $.25 or a $1 game. Typically the top prize for 3 coins was set at 2500 coins. So your top prize for a $3 bet was $2500. That top prize was relatively higher for the three coin bet than the one or two coin bet, so it encouraged people to make the larger bet. Now you rarely see the single line game at less than $1 and $5 denominations, but you often find it in the high-roller or higher bet section of the casino.
In addition to the cool name, what really made this game so awesome was the gambling qualities of the paytable. You got enough small wins to keep you in the game but you had a good shot of hitting a big win. By today’s standards the game was medium-high volatility, meaning that you have a good chance to get a significant win on it.
What IGT did that was brilliant with this game is that they made many different versions of it. Double Diamond 2000 was a video real version of the game with more lines in a 5 reel setup. They have made version of Double Diamonds for Elvis, Elizabeth Taylor, Wheel of Fortune and a lot more too.
Coyote Moon is slot machine game manufactured by IGT. It is one of the most successful penny games of any of the slot machine manufactures. It’s primary features are:
- It has 40 pay lines, so the minimum bet to cover all the lines is $0.40 on the penny version of the game.
- It has what are sometimes called “Clumped” wilds. This means that the wild symbols are next to each other on each reel. This makes for bigger wins when the wilds hit.
- It has 5 reels which are four rows high. This set up is partially why the wild hits pay off so well.
- It is themed as a southwest coyote/Indian art theme.
- The math of the game (related to the clumped wilds) is has high volatility. This means that you can win a lot when you win, but you may go longer between wins.
- The free spin bonuses give you 5 free spins. This means that often your biggest wins are related to the wilds rather than to the free spins. However, when you do get the free spins retriggered multiple times, it can pay off big.
Coyote Moon is a popular game because it plays fast, and it is very random. You do have a good chance of winning big on the game. There are not complicated bonus rounds on the game which make you wonder how you win or lose. You can see right where the reels end up and see what your luck is doing.
Coyote Moon is the basis for the other IGT product which is similar called Wolf Run. Wolf run has the same reel setup, but it plays even faster. Many people like Wolf Run even more than Coyote Moon.
The Wheel of Fortune slot machine is made by IGT (International Game Technology). They license the right to use the Wheel of Fortune name for the owners of the intellectual property of the great TV show made by the late great Merv Griffin. King Show Games owns the rights through its subsidiary and just licenses it to IGT.
There are many versions of the slot machines available on casino floors across the US. They range from penny games to $5 denominations.
They use the graphics from the TV game including all of the look and feel of the letters from the TV game. The most important feature is of course the wheel itself. It acts as a bonus round that triggers a large wheel above the screen or reels.
As you can tell, IGT is very proud of the game as it accounts for a significant proportion of its revenues. Normally, they do not sell the game to casinos; it is only available as a share of the revenue. They rent it out rather than sell it.
Here is the good news about the Wheel of Fortune game in casinos in the US:
- It is everywhere, in almost every casino.
- The wheel bonus is fun to play.
- It often has a huge prize of half million or 1 to 10 million dollars or more.
- Like other games with large prizes you have a chance to win enough money to really change your quality of life.
Here is the bad news:
- Because the prize is so big your likelihood of hitting it is less than hitting a typical smaller prize.
- Because IGT charges so much for it, it often pays less to the player. (This varies by game type).
Here is the bottom line with the Wheel of Fortune game. It has been the most single successful game in the business. It has this success because of the great name, the familiarity that people have with the TV show, and the great wheel bonus. And IGT has done something truly great with the game by continually updating it and giving it new features, giving it more reels, more lines, smaller denominations. They even introduced a gigantic wheel that was over 12 foot across that all the players sitting around it would enter the bonus.
The “Wheel Patents” are some of the most highly contested in the gaming industry. IGT and Bally have been in fights over this top wheel feature for years.